So I just finished pulling together new Portfolio site.
It’s pretty cool: http://scottduncombe.com. I’ve been really lucky to have work (and continue to work) on a lot of great projects like ShareProgress, #SoundOff, and Snaptivist. Makes me very humbled to see them all in one place like this.
But enough about those guys - let’s talk about the theme, which I’m ALSO pretty proud of.
See all the codez here
Some fun features:
- It’s really really really simple - if you count the stuff I wrote (and that doesn’t includes some LESS libraries and
style.css - which is being generated automatically) it’s under 1,000 lines of code.
- No external JS libraries!
- Has a dev mode which is defined in a
config.json file - this makes FTPing files up and down really easy as the site should be aware of which environment it’s working in.
- The projects are directly linkable and use
history.pushState to update track when you open / close projects from the inbox. Watch the URL in the browser change while you’re on the page. Cool huh?
- Direct links are all social-share optimized so the Thumbnail shows up on Facebook.
You’ll also notice the Tumblr is in the new theme too. I think it works fine - I’m not 100% satisfied but should probably start tumblogging more before I spend a lot of time on it.
Anyhow, check out the new site: http://scottduncombe.com. Really pleased how it turned out.